Those filling the panel to assist in the interview process for the potential new police chief were announced earlier today from the Paris city manager’s office.
Those selected to sit on the panel and interview the candidates for police chief include:
- Dr. Jay Carpenter, Physician – Red River Urology, PLLC;
- Chad Lindsey, Operations Manager – KFYN-AM/FM / KLOW-FM;
- Joan Mathis, Retired English Teacher;
- Jim Noble, Retired Business Owner – Noble True Value Hardware;
- Becki Norment, Physician Assistant – Internal Medicine associated with Paris Regional Medical Center; and
- Kenneth Webb, Director of Student Life – Paris Junior College.
Those sitting on the panel were selected through city council members’ recommendations.
Paris City Manager Grayson Path will continue to seek the input from the community to help make the decision in filling the vacant police chief’s position.
“… everyone’s input is valuable,” Path said. “Whether you are sitting on this panel or at home …”
Path said he will consider all input, “so please make sure that you take the time to submit your input following the interviews tomorrow night and by the deadline on Sunday, January 24, 2021.”
To watch the interview when it goes live, visit the city’s website here, in which there will be a live-streamed video on the homepage, alongside links to other streaming services.
Path said the video will remain on the city’s homepage so viewers can replay it at a later time. He said there will also be a link on the homepage to provide input on the interviewing candidates. The link will be made available after the interviews are complete.
Path said he will review community input alongside “other relevant factors” to make a decision on a candidate to present to city council at a later time.