Construction started yesterday, May 23rd, on N Main Street near Pine Bluff for the water and sewer project in downtown Paris.
Material and traffic control devices will be installed and the street will be closed periodically between Price St and Pine Bluff to protect workers while saw cutting the pavement and mobilizing equipment.
When driving in construction zones always be aware of your surroundings and follow these tips:
- Focus your attention on the roadway, taking extra care to avoid distractions, such as using your cell phone, eating or drinking, changing the music, or disciplining children.
- Watch for—and follow—the posted speed limit.
- Obey all other work zone signage.
- Drive defensively – Watch what the vehicles around you are doing, such as braking, and be prepared to react appropriately.
- Follow vehicles at a safe distance, leaving at least two to three car lengths between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Keep an eye out for construction workers, work vehicles, or other equipment.
- Merge and change lanes safely.