If you are a resident of Lamar County, or a resident of an adjacent county, or own property in the zone, and a registered voter, and would like to make a difference in the City of Paris by volunteering your time and knowledge, you may want to consider serving on the TIRZ Board.
The City of Paris is accepting applications for positions on the Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Board. This board will be responsible for:
- • Making recommendations to the City Council regarding the administration of the zone.
- • Preparing and adopting a project plan and a reinvestment zone financing plan for the zone.
- • Implementing the project plan and reinvestment zone financing plan.
- • Enter into reimbursement agreements.
- • Issue tax increment obligation bonds
Board appointments will be made on June 26, 2023, at the regular City Council meeting. For more information or to obtain an application, please contact Deputy City Skylar Unger at (903-784-9291, email@example.com) or City Clerk Janice Ellis at (903) 784-9248, at firstname.lastname@example.org) You can also visit the City’s website at www.paristexas.gov and download the application. Applications must be received no later than Friday, June 9, 2023.