Paris Fire Department responded to an early morning apartment on fire Wednesday, where a quadplex was found with heavy smoke coming from the front of the building in the 3300 block of Clarksville Street.
A resident from apartment A, where the fire reportedly began, told Paris Fire Department she woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water and heard a pop/noise then saw smoke coming from the refrigerators’ freezer.
“She then exited the structure and began notifying other residents in her building,” according to fire reports. “She was able to notify apartments B and D, she was unable to notify C which took (Paris Police Department) forcing entry to ensure the occupant was out.”
She also told Paris Fire Department she had spoken to the maintenance person for the building, and “he had looked/turned on breakers … the previous day (May 10).”
Once on scene of the structure fire at 3390 Clarksville Street, Quint 4 crews found the quadplex in with heavy smoke coming from the northern-most part of the residence, stretched a 1 3/4” hose line from Q-4 and began attacking the flames using tank water from Q-4.
Stations 1 and 3 arrived on the scene and stretched a supply line and initiated a primary search to ensure all occupants were evacuated.
Atmos and Oncor were contacted to secure the natural gas and electricity. Additional units began extinguishing the fire and crews were back in service by 6:55 a.m.