The Texoma Chevy Scholarship Program is back and local students can enter for a chance to win one of sixteen $1,000 scholarships.
In 2023, Gracie Hawthorne and Madelyn Tullos, were named Texoma Chevy scholarship winners.
Hawthorne, a 2023 graduate of Chisum ISD, currently has a 4.0 GPA (at time of video submission) and in addition to regular High School classes, she takes dual-credit classes at Paris Junior College. Hawthorne will be furthering her education at Ouachita Baptist University in Arkansas, majoring in elementary education and minor in Christian studies.
Tullos, a 2023 graduate of Paris ISD, currently has a GPA of 5.307 (at time of video submission). Tullos also plans to attend Ouachita Baptist University, majoring in communications with a minor in business. Throughout high school, she played on the volleyball and basketball teams.
Entrants are encouraged to have fun and let their personality shine through.
Students need to submit a 2-3 minute video with the following:
- What is your name, school you attend and town you live in?
- What is your GPA?
- What college would you like to attend and what should you like to be your major?
- What kind of school/community activities have you been involved in?
- What is your favorite memory of high school?
- What are you looking forward to in college?
- How would this scholarship help you achieve your goals?
- Show us your school pride. Get creative!
Dates to Remember:
- Submission dates – 2/1/24 – 3/31/24
- Winner selection period – 3/16/24 – 4/15/24
- Winners announcements – Late April, 2024
Before you begin, please read the following tips and instructions so you’re sure to look your best.
- HAVE SOMEONE FILM YOU. When filming on an iPhone or any Smartphone, turn the phone sideways.
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT BACKLIT. Standing in front of windows or other major light sources does not look good on camera. All rooms should be well-lit to avoid shadows.
- PLEASE WATCH YOUR ENTIRE VIDEO BEFORE UPLOADING TO MAKE SURE IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS GOOD.
For more information and to enter, click here