Detroit FFA’s Fifth Annual Spring Plant Sale is set for April 6-8 at the Detroit High School Greenhouse, featuring everything from hanging baskets and pots to vegetable trays and succulents.
10-inch Hanging Baskets and 10-inch Pots:
Macho and True Boston Ferns (10 and 14-inch baskets), Spider Plants, Purple Heart Wandering Jew, Variegated Wandering Jew, Ice Plants, Petunias, Supertunias, Geraniums, Ivy Geraniums, Begonias, Ipomea (Sweet Potato Vine in green and black), Lantana, Dianthus, and Marigolds
Vegetable Trays (6 packs):
Squash, Banana Pepper, Bell Pepper, Jalapenos, Zucchini, Eggplant, Okra, Radish, Homestead Tomato, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Roma Tomato, Bradley Tomato, Beet, Corn, Cherry Tomato, Cabbage, Cucumber, Green Beans, & Purple Hull Peas
There will be:
- 6-inch pots of Citronella, Aloe Vera, and Ivy
- 4-inch pots of various types of Succulents, Cactus, and Aloe Vera
- 6-packs of Impatiens, Dianthus, Zinnias, Rosemary, Lavender, and Marigolds
The sale will be from 3-6 p.m. on April 6, and 8 a.m.-6 p.m. on April 7 and 8.
- $3 – 4-inch pots
- $5 – 6-inch pots
- $12 – all flowering hanging baskets and pots
- $3 per 6-pack – vegetable/bedding 6-packs
- $15 – med. 12-inch container with Boston or Macho Fern hanging baskets
- $25 – lrg. 16-inch container with Boston or Macho Fern hanging baskets
For more information, contact Detroit Ag Department’s Tracy Denny at 903-517-0838 or email@example.com.
The money raised will go toward the Detroit greenhouse program, scholarships and the community garden.