Chisum Middle School student, Noah LaRue found himself in a scary situation during lunch when he started choking and couldn’t breathe.
“I saw him coming across the room and could tell he was choking so I just ran and grabbed him,” said school janitor Mr. Mac.
It was the quick actions of Mr. Mac and LaCosta Litchfield that saved Noah LaRue’s life.
“I just did what I had to do. It was a frightening situation so I called out to LaCosta to come to help me,” said Mac.
Mr. Mac, who has been working within the school system for over 30-years, said he hadn’t had any formal training but believed he was in the right place at the right.
“If it weren’t for Mr. Mac no one would have known that Noah was choking,” said LaCosta Litchfield.
Chisum Middle School principal, Aaron Bridges can’t praise Mac and LaCosta enough.
“They saved Noah’s life. When we watched what happened afterward on our video surveillance, we could see Noah walk over to the water fountain to try to dislodge what was stuck but it didn’t work,” said Bridges. “That’s when Mr. Mac immediately reacted, along with LaCosta, and saved his life.”
This afternoon, although still shaken, Noah’s mother Kristin can’t thank Mr. Mac and LaCosta enough.
“You are heroes to us! I will be forever grateful,” said Kristin.
“I was honestly terrified and was trying not to freak out,” said Kristin. “But I’m so grateful for the staff of Chisum Middle School for taking quick action and saving my boy.”
THANK YOU, Mr. Mac and LaCosta for your quick actions.