The United State Postal Office has released its 2023 Christmas shipping deadlines for packages and cards.
To make sure your packages have the best chance to arrive by Dec. 25, 2023, the postal service suggests following these deadlines.
For shipping within the United States (excluding Hawaii):
- USPS Ground Advantage — Dec. 16
- First-Class Mail (including greeting cards) — Dec. 16
- Priority Mail — Dec. 18
- Priority Mail Express — Dec. 20
For packages to Hawaii, the deadlines are the same aside from Priority Mail, which would also be a Dec. 16 deadline.
For Air/Army Post Office, Fleet Post Office, or Diplomatic Post Office, there are the following deadlines:
- USPS Ground Advantage — Nov. 6
- First-Class Mail — Dec. 9
- Priority Mail — Dec. 9
- Priority Mail Express Military Service — Dec. 15*
For international shipping, it will vary by destination. You can click here for more information on international shipping.
The USPS also announced on Tuesday that there will be no surcharge during “peak” holiday shipping times.
If you need to get something shipping by Christmas, you might want to consider shipping ahead of the deadlines.