Those interested in taking on a career in law enforcement, to help make a change and continue keeping Paris a safe place to live are in luck as the Paris Police Department announced its upcoming civil service exam is scheduled for Feb. 8, 2022.
Requirements for a Paris Police Department position applicants include:
- At least 21 years old and under 45;
- 18-20 years old with 60 hours of college or two years of military duty with an honorable discharge;
- Read and write in English;
- Meet all legal requirements needed to become eligible for future licensing by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement;
- Veterans of any branch of the U.S. Armed Services are eligible for preference points provided they receive a passing grade and show proof of an honorable discharge; and
- Applicants will be given a physical assessment, which will begin at 3:30 p.m. immediately after the written exam.
The exam will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Feb. 8, 2022, at the Paris Police Department, 2910 Clarksville St.
Applications to take the test are open and must be turned into the civil service director’s office at city hall, 135 1st St. S.E., Paris, Texas, 75460 by 5 p.m. on Feb. 3, 2022. No applications will be accepted after 5 p.m. on Feb. 3. Click here for applications, or they can be picked up at the civil service director’s office or Paris Police Station.
Click here for more information on the application process and the Paris Police Department positions available.
For questions or more information, contact any of the following:
- Lt. Michael Bankston at 903-737-4137 or email email@example.com;
- Asst. Chief Randy Tuttle at 903-737-4130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Civil Service Director Sandy Collard at 903-784-9272 or email email@example.com.