Those looking for a career in law enforcement need not look any further, as Paris Police Department’s next civil service exam will be held on March 23, 2021.
Requirements for a Paris Police Department position applicants include:
- At least 21 years old and under 45;
- 18-20 years old with 60 hours of college or two years of military duty with an honorable discharge;
- Read and write in English;
- Meet all legal requirements needed to become eligible for future licensing by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement;
- Veterans of any branch of the U.S. Armed Services are eligible for preference points provided they receive a passing grade and show proof of an honorable discharge; and
- Applicants will be given a physical assessment.
The exam will be held at 1:30 p.m. on March 23, 2021, at the Paris Police Department, 2910 Clarksville St.
Applications to take the test are open and must be turned into the civil service director’s office at city hall, 135 1st St. S.E., Paris, Texas, 75460. March 18, 2021, at 5 p.m. No applications will be accepted after 5 p.m. on March 18. Click here for applications, or they can be picked up at the civil service director’s office or Paris Police Station.