Clarks has issued a recall on more than 113,000 navy-colored women’s canvas shoes due to a toxic chemical danger, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
According to the recall, prolonged and direct contact with the hoes’ upper material can expose the wearer to the chemicals benzidine and/or dimethoxybenzidine, which are toxic and can cause adverse health affects.
The shoes included in the recall are:
- Brinkley Step in navy – article number 26166603
- Breeze Step in navy – article number 26166904
- Breeze Step in navy/white – article number 26165290
- Breeze Step in dark navy – article number 26166718
- Breeze Ave in dark navy – article number 26165269
- Brinkley Ave in dark navy – article number 26166623
- Brinkley Shore in navy – article number 26166596
- Breeze Shore in navy – article number 26164910
If you have purchased one of the styles that is being recalled, this website will guide you through the steps you need to take to return these shoes and arrange a refund.
Anyone who bought these shoes should immediately stop wearing them and visit Clarks’ recall page for instructions on how to receive a full refund. You’ll need to upload a photo of shoes, and you can either get a prepaid shipping label to send them or return them to the store you bought them at.
You can also call Clarks America at 800-480-5092 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday or email at email@example.com.