Powderly Volunteer Fire Department announced a few more items to be auctioned off during this weekend’s Annual Chili Supper and Live Auction Fundraiser, which includes U.S. flags that have flown over the capitol donated by Rep. Pat Fallon and certificates for Texas flags to be flown at state capitol donated by Rep. Gary VanDeaver.
The certificates donated by Rep. VanDeaver will give the buyer the opportunity to contact the representative’s office and request a date to fly the flags. The U.S. flags donated by Rep. Fallon have already flown over the U.S. capitol.
Some of the auction items event goers can expect to place a bid on include:
- Eight guns (CZ Home Defense 12 Ga pump, Del Ton AR 15, Ruger American .308 bolt action, Savage 17HMR bull barrel wood finish, Savage Arms Axis 6.5 Creedmoor with Scope, Rossi Rio Bravo lever action 22LR gold/wood finish);
- Fire rings (48 inch round fire ring from American Sprialweld; Slide together fire ring for the patio by Boren metal works; hexagon fire ring with the Powderly VFD crest cut outs);
- Mulch, top soil, compost;
- Custom made cutting board by Moe’s Woodsmith Shop (donated by Eric, who has been featured on the History Channel’s “Forged with Fire”;
- Rocking chair by Amish Outdoor Concepts;
- Custom made coffee table;
- Trip to Branson, MO;
- Choctaw Casino getaway;
- Autographed Dallas Cowboys helmet (CeeDee Lamb);
- Playstation 5;
- Cornhole boards;
- Loads of rock;
- grill starter pack (grill, charcoal and accessories)
- and more!
“We want everyone to come out and join us for a great evening of food, fellowship – all for a great cause,” Johnson said. “We love to serve our community and Lamar County, and cannot do it without your support.”
Powderly Volunteer Fire Department’s Annual Chili Supper and Live Auction Fundraiser will be in Aaron Parker Elementary School’s Gym, 98 County Road 44112 in Powderly, on Feb. 25 from 4-8 p.m. The fundraiser is donation only and will offer chili with all the trimmings, dessert and drinks.
All proceeds will benefit the fire department and its operation expenses.
Anyone who would like to donate to the auction, contact Johnson at 903-249-1393. The fundraiser will accept cash, card or check.
Like and follow MyParisTexas.com on Facebook – Reporting local news in Paris and Lamar County, Texas.