After setting a Guinness World Record in 2019, Daniel Moore from Johnson City, TN set another new world record by visiting 30 states in 24 hours, including Paris, Texas.
The record attempt started in Durant, OK and concluded at EAA AirVenture 2023 in Oshkosh, WI.
The official new world record officially is, ‘The Most U.S. States Visited in 24 Hours by A Fixed Wing Aircraft (SOLO PILOT).‘
Moore has more than 11,000 hours of flight time, and 36 years of flying experience, and holds an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate in Single and Multi-Engine Airplanes. He is also a designated pilot examiner for the FAA, and has three jet type ratings in the Cessna Citation, Beechcraft Premier, and Cessna CitationJet. He operates Dan Moore Aero LLC a company which provides insurance approved training to pilots in specific makes and models of aircraft.
On September 11, 2019 Dan set a record for the most airports visited in 24 hours by a fixed wing aircraft (92). That record stood for nearly 3 years. This new record attempt began in Durant, OK at 10:00 am on July 23rd and concluded at Oshkosh, WI on the first day of AirVenture 2023 at 9:15 a.m..
AirVenture is an annual airshow held each year in WI, and is the largest airshow in the world. Dan began attending AirVenture when he was 13 years old. AirVenture has had a direct effect on Dan entering an aviation career. Each year Dan’s birthday falls during AirVenture which starts the last Monday of July and continues to the following Sunday.
- World record flight departed Durant, OK at approximately 10:00 a.m. CDT on July 23rd.
- Flight will concluded at Oshkosh, WI (KOSH) at 9:15 a.m. CDT on July 24th.
- The flight included visits to the following states, OK, TX, LA, AR, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, TN, VA, KY, WV, MD, PA, DE, CT, RI, MA, NH, ME, VT, NY, OH, MI, IN, IL, IA, MN, and WI.
- A full route map can be found on the website (www.worldrecord.aero).
- Check out the Facebook page for more info https://www.facebook.com/DanMooreWorldRecords/
- The full attempt can be monitored via a Garmin tracking link at https://share.garmin.com/worldrecord
With the support of numerous aviation sponsors Dan will covered nearly 3,000 miles, visiting 30 states with a full stop landing in each of those states. You may also visit his professional website at www.DanMoore.Aero. Contact can be made via email at Dan@DanMoore.Aero or 423-647-4359. If interested in more details or for an interview please contact Dan at one the above contacts.
Dan must now provide all the video, and flight tracking data to Guinness in order to have the world record verified. This will take approximately 3 months after which time he will be awarded the Guinness World Record for his feat.