The Paris Police Department is expressing a “heartfelt gratitude” to the families of Paris who attended the First Annaul “Hop with a Cop” event at Leon Williams Park on Apr. 1, 2023.
“A shout out to Mayor Pro Tem Reginald Hughes is also in order as he supported and attended this event,” said Paris Police Department Community Outreach Coordinator Kimmie Snowton.
Snowton said the event would not have been possible without the participation of our local area First Responders – representatives from Paris Police Department, Lamar County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Department of Public Safety Highway Patrol, Paris EMS, Reno Fire Department and the Paris Fire Department.
“A special thanks for Chad Graves who was our grill master and did an outstanding job cooking. The event would also not have been possible without the generous support of the following businesses who never cease to amaze us with their generosity.”
- Dairy Queen on Lamar for providing hamburgers and hot dogs
- Sonic on North Main and Sunbeam Discount Bakery for providing buns
- Wal-Mart for a $75 gift card
- Mathews Nissan & Honda for water
- HTeaO for tea
- DJ Treetop for providing music and announcements
- Ms. Emily Steel’s (TAFE) and Mrs. Kelley Ferguson’s (National Honor Society) students for snow cones and face painting
- Mrs Katrina Mitchell and Mrs Sabrina Rosson for distributing flyers and advertising the event
- Blow It Up Inflatables and Bounce-N-Play Fun for inflatables
“Recognition and thanks also goes out to the following churches and individuals for their support in facilitating this event.”
- The Evangelist Temple (Pastor Kimmie Snowton) sponsored the 3 point shooting contest
- The Paris New Generation Church
- The Olive Branch Baptist Church
- Diane Council
- Joel McCray
- Donna and Ashely Robins
- Shatajna Woods
- Patricia Russell
- Nigel Burks
- Byron and Jamie Snowton for donating their valuable time and resources in making this event a success
The event was co-sponsored and organized primarily by Mrs. Yolanda Reeves.