Paris ISD partnered with Performance Services in 2019 with a guaranteed energy savings performance contract to improve their facilities. This process started with the need to address their aging and inefficient systems and provide a more optimal learning environment for all students. The long-term effects of this project were to save energy and money for the district.
Larry Jones, Performance Services Business Development Manager, presented the district with a $106,657.42 check at the October School Board meeting. This check represented rebates that Performance Services applied for and received through Oncor. This project was completed this past summer and included the following:
· Upgrade HVAC at the High School gymnasium
· The installation of 382 new HVAC units at T. G. Givens Early Childhood Center, Justiss Elementary, Aikin Elementary, Crocket Intermediate, Paris Junior High School, and Travis School of Choice
· Weather strip and seal exterior doors and roof/wall joints at Paris High School and Paris Junior High
· Walk-in cooler optimization at cafeterias
· Interior LED lighting upgrades across the District
· Installing high-efficiency restroom facilities to improve water conservation