This article will be updated periodically as schools make their announcements.
Due to inclement weather predicted for late tonight into Thursday, some Lamar County schools have already announced closing.
Schools announced closing include:
Closed Thursday, Feb. 3:
- Paris ISD campuses will be closed. “A decision for school on Friday will be made Thursday afternoon.”
- North Lamar ISD campuses and Administration. “All after-school programs and activities today (Wednesday, Feb. 2) will be canceled due to the anticipated winter storm.”
- Prairiland ISD
- Chisum ISD. “A determination regarding Friday will be made by noon on Thursday.”
Other area school closures:
- Clarksville ISD, Thursday and Friday
- Detroit ISD, Thursday (Delayed start Friday, 10 a.m.)
- Avery ISD, Thursday
- Rivercrest ISD, Thursday
Paris Junior College (Paris, Greenville and Sulphur Springs) announced its campus will close Thursday and Friday, Feb. 3 and 4, due to inclement weather.
Texas A&M-Commerce closes at 5 p.m. today and will remain closed through Thursday, Feb. 3.
The decision for districts regarding Friday will be made Thursday evening.
Like and follow MyParisTexas.com on Facebook – Reporting local news in Paris and Lamar County, Texas.