Paris Municipal Band closes its 100th consecutive concert season this Friday
Paris’ Municipal Band’s 100th consecutive concert season comes to a close this Friday in the Weger Auditorium at Paris Junior High School.
Normally played in Bywater’s Park, the band will play season’s ending show in PJHS’s auditorium due to the recent heatwave.
“Please come out and hear a great concert band performance in the comforts of the air conditioned auditorium,” Show Director Joe Watson said.
The show will begin at 8:30 p.m.
Concert music will be selected from:
- The Corcoran Cadets by John Philip Sousa
- Centennial Dances which was composed by Brian Rhodes specifically for the 100th season of the band
- Amazing Grace
- East Texas March by Kelly Bennette from Gilmer, Texas
- Phantom Trumpets
- Instant Concert
- Swing Low Sweet Chariot
- Amparito Roca
- Sweet Caroline
- Close to You
- Highlights from John Denver
- Pop and Rock Classics: The Mamas and Papas
- Meet the Beatles
- finish up with our signature tune, I Love Paris.
“This will be your final chance to catch the band during its 100th consecutive season,” Watson said.
Keeping its regular schedule, the Paris Municipal Band will begin warming up at about 8:20 p.m., with the performance to start at 8:30 p.m.
Paris Junior High School’s Weger Auditorium is on the school’s campus at 2400 Jefferson Rd.